Molly is joined by Tara Gronhovd, the owner of Align Strategy, LLC, a coach and business consultant who helps small businesses, teams, leaders, and individuals transform by leveraging their strengths. Tara discusses the fundamentals of trust and how it is a difficult subject to get our arms around. She explains that trust starts with our own leadership and gives a definition of trust as choosing to risk making something you value vulnerable to someone else’s actions. Tara draws from the book, “The Thin Book of Trust” by Charles Feltman, which is frequently quoted by Brené Brown.
Quote of the Show:
“Be CLEAR about what you’re COMMITTING to and be CLEAR when you CAN’T do something.” – Tara Gronhovd
- If you’re not clear about what you’re saying, you’re not going to be able to be reliable.
- Trust is built based on the combination of competence and character.
- Make sure that you’re not just looking at the short term goals, but you’re looking at the long term goals as well.
- Be vulnerable with each other because that’s where that trust starts to build.
- Communicate where you’re willing to learn and then seek feedback.
- What we want to do is create an environment where people feel like they can be honest and they can be truthful and they can be themselves.
Ways to Tune In: