Right now, job hopping is easier than ever in the legal space. So how do you prevent employees from leaving your company and going someplace else? Listen to today’s episode to find out the solution. Molly McGrath is the Founder of Hiring & Empowering Solutions, and she is passionate about ensuring your employees are engaged and putting a stop to the revolving door of employees getting hired, fired, or leaving early.
Quote of the Show:
“A good or bad onboarding process can make or break the amount of time your new hire stays in your firm.” – Molly McGrath
- Right now the unemployment rate in the legal space is sitting at 1.6% and job hopping is easier than ever.
- It’s the people who work in the front of the office as administrators or receptionists that keep a company moving. If they aren’t doing their jobs of meeting, greeting and closing clients then all other jobs are irrelevant.
- A good or bad onboarding process can make or break the amount of time a new hire stays in your firm. The first 90 days are spent getting them up to speed and teaching the core values and the vision of the company.
- Employees do not quit their jobs, they quit working with certain bosses. If you see constant job hopping, there could be a story behind it, so it’s worth talking with the potential candidate.
- A good leader works arm in arm with their team. This means that they stay late with their team, keep their door open, and have a daily huddle with the team members.
- Money isn’t everything. You can give employees all the money they want, but they could still leave the company. That’s because a positive company culture and being held accountable are more important than money.
- Big law firms can offer more benefits, but they can’t offer the same feeling, essence, and energy of being seen and valued as a leader. You are responsible for the energy you bring in a room and the energy you leave in a room.
Ways to Tune In: