Everyone in a law firm is worthy of respect and can come up with a great idea. Today’s guest sees the value in making sure that everyone is valued and seen as valuable. Patrick Patino is the Owner/Attorney at Patino King LLC. Patrick joins the host Molly McGrath to talk about how to create a positive culture within your law firm.
Quote of the Show:
“Work whenever, work however and choose your own Adventure!”
- At the end of the day, someone is deciding to work with you or not work with you based on your energy. If you match the energy of your clients that can help them relate to you.
- When working in a law office, it’s important to make sure that everyone feels like they can contribute.
- Attorneys are more than just their job title. They are people with passions and a life outside of work and they need to respect their personal life. It’s ok to have a healthy work/life balance and not work 80 hours a week.
- If your law firm doesn’t promote a healthy work/life balance, it will be a challenge to not only attract the best and brightest attorneys and paralegals but you will also struggle to retain them. This will ultimately lead to your law firm failing.
- As a law firm owner, you aren’t just competing with other law firms to get good attorneys, but you are also competing with legal tech companies as well.
- Being an attorney is not the only thing that attorneys care about. There are a lot of law firms that are inflexible and make themselves undesirable to younger attorneys.
- In the law space, it’s time to look at simplifying what you do and making it clear and easy to understand.