Today’s guest is passionate about helping entrepreneurs grow and protect their businesses. Andrew Legrand is the Business Attorney at Spera Law Group LLC. Andrew was inspired to help others from a young age and he knew that he wanted to leverage current technology and try to be paperless. Andrew joins the host Molly McGrath to talk about the core values of his company and how to retain employees.
Quote of the Show:
“Extraordinary Entrepreneurs, Leaders and Employees walk the talk of REAL Core Values that Excite you to go to work each and every day.”
- Being a lawyer can be stressful and often time people tend to bring work home with them, so it’s important to live your best life. Take time off if you need it and focus on taking care of yourself mentally.
- Communication is key when working at any company. It’s better to over-communicate and make sure that everything is crystal clear rather than leave something unsaid or open to interpretation.
- Pay attention to the small details. When creating documents for clients, make sure that all the details are correct and that you are using the proper pronouns in the document as well.
- Employees like to have the freedom and flexibility that smaller businesses have to offer, and it’s important to make sure that their needs are being met. They no longer are looking at just the pay but also the company culture.
- If you are dealing with high turnover or having retention issues, that means that it is a management problem. That requires a deeper level of self-reflection to figure out what the issue is.
- A business coach can be helpful to see where the flaws might be in your business and help to figure out how to solve the problems.
- It’s a good idea to reward and recognize people in your company who are showing examples of actually embracing the core values.