In any law firm, there is one person who is an unsung hero and contributes more than you could ever imagine to the team. That would be the person who sits at your front desk. It’s the most important position in not just law firms but in any business really. Join the host Molly McGrath as she shines a light on the receptionist position and how important hiring the right person for that position can be.
Quote of the Show:
“Share what’s waking you up at 2 a.m. and a rockstar CSC will go to battle for you.”
- The answer to every problem you have in your business is in the room. Just look at the person at the front desk and they will be able to help you.
- Every time you look at the filling cabinet and you get stressed out and not sure how to deal with it, the front desk person can help you clean it up and make it nice and clean.
- A good front desk employee can help to organize you and get you motivated to get back on track for a project.
- The receptionist is the one who talks with the clients and knows what they want, so they can help you figure out a better way to reach out to them.
- Make time to sit down and talk with the receptionist and be as honest and authentic as you can be and make them feel included in the company.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the front desk person about what they see in their role and how you can better serve them.
- It’s important to know if the person at the front desk is capable of giving you ideas or bantering and being a part of the company.