Today’s guest spent several years at a consulting firm coaching over 350 doctors, lawyers, and other professionals until she decided she had enough. Melissa Shanahan is the Founder of Velocity Work and the host of The Law Firm Owner Podcast. Melissa joins host Molly McGrath to talk about how to build high cycle results for your law firm.
Quote of the Show:
“There are Low Results Cycle and High Results Cycle in Business. Where is your Firm today?”
- There are many law firm owners out there that are ready to take on clients and work but they need guidance on how to run their business.
- It’s important to have accountability when it comes to running your law firm. You have to take ownership of your business.
- Most law firm owners are looking for a way to feel organized and feel more in control of the things that are happening around them.
- You don’t need to be hyper-focused on a certain issue. Hold yourself accountable and bring in others to help you solve the issue.
- Fun team-building activities shouldn’t replace serious planning for the next quarter. You can still have fun but the serious work needs to be done.
- Your business is either in a low result cycle or a high result cycle. You can’t be in the middle.
- There are three parts to success; know what you are aiming for, make a well-thought-out deliberate plan, and you have to honor your plan.