Steve Fretzin is the President of Fretzin Inc as well as the host of the “Be That Lawyer” podcast. Steve actually isn’t a lawyer by trade but after finding out that lawyers made up the vast majority of his business he decided to work with the legal industry and help them get the results they want. He is also the survivor of a horrible plane crash, which motivated him to live every day. Steve joins host Molly McGrath to talk about how to not sound as sales-y to potential clients.
Quote of the Show:
12:06: “Learning comes at a cost and part of the cost is paying attention.”
- When building up your client list, you need to have the soft skills to talk to them such as relationship building, question, qualifying, and listening.
- Most Attorneys are afraid of coming off too much like a salesperson and that will prevent them from landing more clients.
- You need to be motivated, committed and coachable when it comes to learning how to get more clients.
- It takes time to learn. If you want to become a great lawyer, you need to put the time in and practice over and over again.
- When it comes to learning, paying attention is a key aspect of it. You won’t retain the information if you don’t pay attention.
- If you are not motivated in your business then you won’t be focused, and if you aren’t focused your business will suffer.
- It’s ok to fail at something, as long as you make it a learning experience and figure out why it didn’t work.