Gayle Damiano is the Founder of Legal Ease Wellness. After struggling with addiction herself, Gayle has seen the damage it can cause to a persona and their job. She joins host Molly McGrath to talk about the pressures of the legal industry and how to handle it and avoid falling into dangerous habits.
Quote of the Show:
17:52 “To show vulnerability is a super strength. And to be able to use it in a way that’s going to connect you with other human beings and move the ball forward, I say it’s a super power.”
- The legal industry can be a high stress environment which can lead to people to find a solution for the stress in dangerous ways. It’s best to address these head on rather than avoiding it.
- Attorneys face a crushing amount of work that can lead to a high rate of burnout or addiction as well.
- The legal space is a male dominated industry and that can be difficult on women, which in turn can lead to them getting a bad reputation.
- There are more men now who are willing to admit that they are struggling with depression or addiction because of the stress at work.
- Don’t be afraid to let people see your emotions. It’s ok to be yourself and sharing your pain can be very helpful.
- Sit down with your team and tell them how you are feeling. This will help to build a strong team that can help each other.
- There are so many people doing great things, and it’s important to amplify the those good things and support them.