John Hinson is the Editorial Director at Spotlight Branding. Companies spend too much of their time and resources focusing on SEO when there are better ways to build up your brand, and John is here to help with that. He joins host Molly McGrath to talk about how to level up your business through marketing and target the right audience.
Quote of the Show:
8:26 “Your email list specifically, whether it’s you as the lawyer or just what you have collected in your CRM or whatever the case is, is one of your biggest marketing assets and it’s probably one of the least used and most underutilized marketing assets that a law firm has.”
- You don’t need to focus on search engine optimization. Spend time on your content and elevating your expertise.
- Tap into your existing network. Smaller companies don’t have the big budgets like bigger companies to spend on ad money and you can quickly fall behind in that space.
- An email list that you create of clients and customers is the most underutilized marketing asset you can have.
- If you do a social media post a day, a blog every month and an email every month that will create a content loop. It makes sure you aren’t forgotten.
- On average, it costs 5 times more to generate business from cold leads than it does to get it from your own list.
- You don’t need to make your emails super complicated. You don’t need to go out and search for articles that aren’t related just to fill it up.
- It is so easy to be forgotten these days. It doesn’t matter how much you change someone’s life, if they haven’t heard from you in 6 months they won’t remember you.