Christian Hansen is the Founder of TheChristianHansen.com and the author of “The Influence Mindset.” He sees a unique way to get your employee to feel connected to the employer and how to get them to stay for a long period of time. Christian joins host Molly McGrath to talk about how to inspire and mentor people and your employees.
Quote of the Show:
8:18 “I think especially in the hiring process there are huge opportunities for [employers] to build and strengthen an impression and build a relationship with a prospective hire that is going to shape the time that they’re working for you.”
- A problem is not a problem until someone feels something. You need to make sure that employees feel comfortable being open and honest with you.
- You want to envision what your future will be like, and harness that vision and use it to motivate you to keep you going.
- Building a positive relationship with a prospective hire will actually make them want to stay at your company longer.
- Most people don’t know what their purpose or passion is. This doesn’t mean they are flighty but rather that they need help figuring out what they want to do.
- People want to have purpose in their life. If you show yourself a purpose driven employer, people are more likely to join your company.
- Leaders are outfront and upfront with their employees. This will give employees more clarity and they will respect you more.
- Culture at a company is incredibly important. You want to make sure it is a positive work culture and feel happy to go into the office everyday.