Joseph Warren provides Elite VIP Coaching for Christian Husbands at blowuprocks.com, the host of the “Broken Catholic Podcast” and the “Your First 100K Podcast”. Clearly a man of many talents! He used to work over 100 hours a week in his early 20s, which led to great success for him. Joseph joins host Molly McGrath to talk about how to manage your anger and stress.
Quote of the Show:
4:00 “Anger is good when it’s applied in the right direction, but destructive when it’s not.”
- Society teaches men to not be vulnerable and push all their feelings down. This can lead to explosive outcomes and negatively affect relationships.
- You have to understand the problem to get to the solution. You can’t make headway on an issue if you don’t understand the source of it.
- 7 rocks that can kill us: mental rocks, shame rocks, business rocks, marriage rocks, parenting rocks, fitness rocks, spiritual rocks.
- A common issue when we realize there is a problem that needs to be dealt with, we tend to ignore it. This only makes the issue worse, you need to resolve the issue.
- Everyone is meant for greatness. It’s easy to believe that isn’t true but everyone has a greatness inside of them waiting to be unlocked.
- Anger is caused by a loss of control in a situation. This leads us to hurt others and then eventually lose everything we worked so hard for.
- Stop making resolutions. Instead, you should be making commitments. Resolutions aren’t as strong as a commitment and it is easily broken and not kept up with.