Paige Hulse is the Owner and Lead Attorney at Paige Hulse Law. She is passionate about trademark law and intellectual property. Paige joins host Molly McGrath to talk about how to make yourself stand out in a tough industry and make sure your reputation is in great standing.
Quote of the Show:
9:13 “I knew from the outset and to this day, it’s extremely important to me. I think it’s reflected in both of my websites. I studied the people that I was catering to. I studied what made them comfortable, the language they spoke per se, like just the industry vernacular, the look, the aesthetic that they were going through. And I created a space that my clients feel extremely comfortable in and an approachable environment.”
- Stand out in the legal space. Find a way to make yourself different from everyone else who is working in the same field.
- Know your clients. You want to understand what makes them tick and what they respond well to, and then you can cater your business to them.
- Your reputation is very important. Nothing will make or break your business like having a positive or negative reputation.
- Don’t be afraid to put your neck out there. You need to have your face in meetings for people to recognize you and your business.
- Be careful of the emotional capital that comes with litigating contracts. You need to make sure that every client is emotionally ready for that.
- Ethics should be at the forefront of your mind. Don’t let your ethics flip or change, and you want to make sure you are working in the best interest of your clients.
- Running your own business can be challenging. But you have to push yourself to be better and grow yourself and your company.