Eda Rosa is the Paralegal at Eda Rosa LLC. She’s also the host of the “Let’s Talk Paralegal” podcast. She sees a lot of inefficiencies in law firms and aims to fix that. Eda sits down with host Molly McGrath to talk about how she wants to change the way attorneys work with paralegals and how to make sure your employees feel respected.
Quote of the Show:
15:56 “The whole purpose is to literally change the legal industry from the inside out. And the only way we can do that is by changing the current narrative that we always have to be chasing deadlines and being behind everything. That’s not necessarily true if we create this beautiful culture and it’s just like a family.”
- Attorneys in general don’t get trained on how to properly use a paralegal. That is something that should be taught more.
- The legal industry is chaotic and you need to make sure you are ready for it. The industry isn’t going to slow down just for you.
- Attorneys are like a parent. They take care of their legal support staff and make sure the bills are paid and the lights remain on, all while being an attorney.
- When you have your own firm, you can decide how the culture is there. You want to make sure the culture is something that people can thrive in.
- You can change the industry so that it doesn’t have to be crazy for you. You can create that culture in your office.
- You can do simple acts of appreciation for your employees. A simple thank you can go a long way for how an employee will work hard or go the extra mile.
- You should know your team members and know how to communicate with them. If something seems off, show initiative and make them feel comfortable talking with you.