Are you waking up at 2 AM and worrying about your business? Well fear no more! There are 3 strategic steps that you can take to help your law firm get on track! Lori Pulvermacher is a Certified Practice Advisor for Atticus. Lori joins the host Molly McGrath to talk about some of the common pitfalls that lawyers run into and how they can avoid those and better plan for the future of their firm.
Quote of the Show:
“At any point, it is time well spent for you to give reflection to your practice and to your business.” – Lori Pulvermacher
- Having a work/life balance is important, especially for a law firm owner. However, everyone has a different definition of that so when you are making your law firm take off then you need to pay attention to how you define work/life balance and achieve that goal.
- Taking the time to reflect on your practice and your business is incredibly important. This will allow you to stop and see the big picture of where your firm is now and where you want it to end up, and think about how you can get it to that level.
- You want to be looking ahead to the future of your firm and have an exit strategy in mind. However, this is too much to think about at one time so break it up into chunks of 90 days and review your goals and exit strategy on those days.
- Sometimes the best ideas come when you step away from the desk or phone for a short period of time. You are more likely to think creatively when you step away for a few minutes.
- The three strategic steps for creating a successful law firm road map are as follows; identify what works and what doesn’t work, focus on why things did or didn’t work, and then come up with a solution to scale what is working and solve what isn’t working.
- Going through a planning process can be stressful or difficult, so it’s helpful to make a clear goal and celebrate when you reach certain milestones for the goal.
- You don’t need to be busy every second of every day in order to be considered successful.
Ways to Tune In: