Any problems that you have within your business come down to people. We are talking about hiring the right people for the job in this episode with Rick Girard.
Rick Girard is a business builder, hiring expert, and author of Healing Career Wounds.
The number one problem is always going to be you. It starts with you. If you’re the company leader or the person who’s hiring, it’s your responsibility to ensure that the new hire will be successful.
According to Rick, the first thing you need to figure out is your values and hire people who align well with those values. Those are the people that are going to do well because they want to be there.
He also advises that we focus less on years of experience and take a closer look at the individual’s capacity to do the job, transferable skills, and the ability to grow.
Provide somebody a path for growth or success, and they’re going to thrive.
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- How to write a better job description
- What is the most significant point of failure in the hiring process
- Why hiring managers keep hiring the wrong people
- What you really should be looking for in a potential hire
- Why you can’t treat hiring like a transaction