True. There is alot of competition out there for jobs. However, 80% of what we encounter when helping a small business with a Smart Hire Solution is immediately disqualified from consideration. Beat 80% of the competition by following this simple First Impressions Checklist. These are REAL LIFE things we see everyday! With a little effort, it really is that simple to get into the top 20%!
#1. Resume Readiness
– Proof it – no typos
– Clear and concise
– Appropriate, industry specific purpose
#2. Voicemail/Phone Impressions
– No music ring tones
– Professional voicemail message
– Answer professionally
– Check and return calls promptly – from a quiet location – with a pen and paper for notes
– Have a professional email address (no silly email address)
– Check and respond promptly
– Respond professionally – spell check – no abbreviations or symbols
#4. Social Media
– Google search yourself and see what comes up – what strangers can see
– Clean up your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. – no inappropriate pictures, cursing or complaining about current job
#5. Interview Attire
– Dress professionally! You can NOT overdress for an interview.
– No crazy jewelry, nail polish, etc.
– Cover tattoos
Champions of your continued success,
Molly and Laney