One of the biggest things that many companies struggle with is attracting leads and turning them into customers. So often companies will rely on marketing teams to bring in leads, but since there is no intake coordinator, they can’t get them to convert. That is where today’s guest comes in! Please welcome to the show, Chris Mullins, the CEO of Intake Academy. Chris is also the author of Law Firm Conversions: Great Marketing Is Not Enough When Your Prospects Don’t Convert! Chris joins the host, Molly McGrath, to talk about how you need more than just great marketing to get a prospect to convert.
Quote of the Show:
“Inspect what you Expect.” – Chris Mullins
- Law firms spend huge sums of money on marketing, but they don’t teach the marketing team on how to handle calls and how to sell. If you aren’t teaching your marketing team to sell or convert leads, then you can’t expect successful results from them.
- Depending on what firm you are working at, they might have a different definition or idea of what the next step is after converting someone to be a prospect.
- When owners are seeing that there’s little to no conversation from leads, the first thing they do is blame marketing. This leads to owners throwing more money at marketing without providing the proper training, education and coaching to their team.
- As the owner, you need to embrace the fact that selling is also experience and customer service. If you don’t have this mindset, then you will be hemorrhaging money.
- If you want to help your marketing team close deals and be better at selling, then have them record their calls and listen to the recordings. That way, you can tell them how great they are and give them feedback and tell them about new opportunities.
- Make sure to treat not just your team, but your clients also with love, caring and concern. If you treat them this way and be considerate of their feelings, then you are more likely to have them motivated to close deals.
- What most people want to learn is how to be confident and learn to be empathetic. You can do this by making a list of 5 things and dive into one of those things and see how it feels.
Ways to Tune In: